Cambodia is a country steeped in an ancient history based around the Khmer Empire, once the largest empire in South East Asia. Angkor was the region of Cambodia in Siem reap that served as the seat of the empire during its heyday (approximately the 9th century to the 15th century A.D.). The temples of Angkor area numbered over 1000, and today many of them still remain, but in wide range of scales and forms. When you explore them, you’ll come across everything from piles of rocks and brick overrun by huge tree roots to the world’s largest single religious monument – Angkor Wat. Together these temples comprise the most significant example of Khmer architecture and ruins are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The linking capitals give you a overlook on the highlight of Cambodia.
Day 1: Siem Reap – arrival (D)
Our car and guide will pick you up at the airport, transfer to hotel for check in. Enjoy welcome dinner with Apsara dance show at local restaurant. Overnight in Siem Reap.
Day 2: Siem Reap – Angkor Complex (B/L)
Breakfast at hotel, then visit the Angkor Thom: South Gate, Bayon, Baphoun, Terrace of Elephants, Terrace of Leper King and Phimean Akas temple. Lunch at local restaurant. The tour continues with the visit to the most famous temple of Cambodia: Angkor Wat – The World heritage. Then continue climbing up to the top of Bakheng Hill see Angkor Wat, enjoy the marvelous sunset and view the whole Siem Reap city from top of the hill. Overnight in Siem Reap.
Day 3: Siem Reap – Phnom Penh (B/L)
After breakfast at hotel, take morning flight to Phnom Penh. Lunch at the local restaurant in Phnom Penh. Then transfer to hotel for check-in and relax. Drive to visit Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, Preahkeo Morokot, National Museum & Toul Sleng Museum. Dinner at the local restaurant & overnight in Phnom Penh.
Day 4: Phnom Penh – Departure (B)
Free time for shopping at Russian Market or Centre Market or visit Killing Field till time transfer to airport for flight back home or visit another country.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast as mention or similar
- Transfer services in a private air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees, other boat fees where applicable
- Meals as listed in the program B= Breakfast; L= Lunch & D = Dinner: pre-arranged at local restaurants based on local food with set menu.
- Tours with local English speaking guide (Other languages with supplemental charge)
- Boat trip as mentioned
- Dinks and other meals not clearly mentioned
- Surcharge for special request on food, and meals.
- Entrance fees, permits and guide service during free time.
- Insurance, gratuities and personal expenses
- Surcharge for public holidays (if any)
- Internal airfares in the tour (please refer to the supplement quotation)
- International airfare from/to Cambodia
- International airport departure tax
- Visa handling fee, visa stamp fee.
- Personal expenses such as Bar, telephone & Laundry bills